The Various Benefits of Having Therapeutic Virtual Reality Treatment At Home
The realm of virtual reality has been prevalent since the 1980s, when the term was first coined by engineers and scientists. Now, virtual reality is among the top software technologies in Van Nuys, California and it’s not just limited to video games and flight simulators anymore. In-home therapeutic Virtual Reality and Virtual Therapy flatiron district nyc has been around for a few decades but recently gained traction as the number of virtual reality media consumers grew in the neighbourhood thanks to the affordability of the devices, better connectivity and the development of VR gaming centres in the area.
It was only recently that studies indicated that virtual reality could be instrumental in the field of mental health for patients who are suffering from disorders like body pain, anxiety, stress, depression and phobias. VR Tech spans a wide variety of applications in mental health, and most of them are listed below:
- Patients afflicted with strokes and other forms of physical trauma can use VR tech to stimulate the neurons associated with the movements and activities. Thus, patients can have a good chance of recovery and regaining muscle functionality that has been lost or was dormant.
- VR Therapy also helps to train patients and injured individuals through physical therapy where they can achieve a high degree of recovery. Some of the most common injuries that can be treated using VR therapy include prosthetic training and repetitive stress injuries.
- In-home therapeutic Virtual Reality also helps people with severe phobias by helping them immerse themselves and come face to face with the triggers and their fears.
- For people experiencing high degrees of stress and anxiety, VR therapy can help create a virtual environment where the patient can immerse in a positive medium to facilitate their feel-good hormones like serotonin.
Virtual Reality Therapy and The Various Benefits
There are plenty of medical benefits and research-backed advantages that virtual reality therapy can provide for patients:
- VR therapy can let medical practitioners make treatment or therapy plans that are tailored according to the individual needs of every patient. No need to let patients follow through with the same routine that yields no positive results.
- Patients have more control over the intensity and interval of exposure, something that conventional treatment methods don’t usually have. This level of control allows patients to simulate traumas or phobias safely without going over the limits of mental endurance.
- Compared to most clinical treatments, there are no prescriptions, medications, pills, or drugs-just a VR headset or immersive tech. Patients can make use of a drug-free treatment method for their mental ailments.
- Speaking of clinical appointments, the average cost of getting VR therapy is way lower than that of a regular doctor’s clinical consultation. Patients can get their mental health in check at less price.
- Since VR tech is more immersive and able to mimic real-world situations and experiences, it is way better for treating psychological issues as the method will be engaging and mesmerizing.
- The most crucial benefit of VR therapy treatment is that it allows patients to continue their treatment in the comfort of their homes and not bother with the commute to and from the clinics. This increases the long-term effectiveness of the treatment plan as there is less hassle, and the therapy will be more convenient.
- The VR therapy treatment, although a new one, is scientifically validated by the medical community with tons of research papers to back it up. Consequently, it’s the type of treatment most people prefer, not to mention the increased confidentiality factor that comes with these treatments.